
Since I've been home hanging with the babe, I've been able to think up some fun recipes and I thought I would share. This first recipe is for my Dad because every time we get together I forget to give it to him so here it is Mom, so print it out for him. Thought I'd post a new recipe each week.
Lemon Herb Rice -although it wasn't very hard I still threw this recipe together off the top of my head, I was proud, considering how tired I am with lack of sleep.
1/2 stick of butter or 3tsp. smart balance spread
1/4 cup pine nuts
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 lemons worth of zest
1 cup long grain white rice/ or Orzo pasta
Small handful of broken strands of angel hair pasta
2 cups chicken broth/or water
1 handful of shredded carrots
1tbs. grated white onion
2 tbls. lemon juice
1-2 tbls. parsley
1 tbls. olive oil
Dash salt and pepper
In a medium saucepan, toast rice, pasta, pine nuts and garlic in butter until it smells nutty. Combine lemon zest, onion, carrots, salt and pepper and chicken broth to rice and bring to a boil. Stir rice, turn to low, cover and don't uncover for 15 minutes. Take rice out of pan and combine in a bowl with, parsley, olive oil, lemon juice and taste for salt and pepper. We serve it with grilled shrimp, but it's easy with just about anything.
1 comment:
Thanks for the recipe, Dad loved it at your house, so we'll definitely have to give it a try. Love you guys! Take care of my baby!
Grammy andd Papa
Post a Comment