Sam is doing much better. His mouth is healing up pretty well. He's been able to use a special little sponge brush to scrub his teeth. He loves these little scrubby lollipops. The Primaries ER gave them to us and hopefully I'll be able to look online and find some more for him. He is still having a little bit of a problem with eating and is suffering from some charlie horse pain in his legs. We're trying to fill him up with juice and Gatorade and get him back on track. Overall we have seen such a vast improvement in his spirits. We're still up at night, but during the day he is happy and back to his old self. He's back to telling fart jokes and playing tricks. I made a trip in to the dentist to get some work and Sam was happy to stay with CeeCee for a couple of hours. I wasn't about to take him back in to a dental office and I think he'll forgo that for a little while. I've made an appointment for a speech pathologist and we look forward to learning some fun tricks to help him with his language skills. He's excited for school and we hope that he'll work hard to learn. We're also going to get him in to a child psychologist to help sort out his frustrations over the surgery. We're not sure if he had a bad reaction to the medication or if he had some mild shock, but his behaviors were a bit strange and some of the things he said to us were very odd. At one point he tried to convince Jordan and I that we were trying to poison him with the medicine. He also said that he was sure that all the big people were going to kill him and he would be in a grave for forever. I've never heard a little kid talk like that before. Scary stuff. No doubt he's been through some tough stuff.
Thank you everyone for all your prayers and calls, they helped a bunch. It's been a rough little bit, but hopefully things will be much more pleasant for a while. Thanks to those who brought food and came over and helped with Sam.
3 comments:
So very sad reading about Sam's tough experience with surgery. I'm glad to hear he's on the road to recovery now tho. Such a tough man!
btw - those little pink scrubby things can be found at most pharmacies (usually the little local ones). Just ask your pharmacist.
poor little guy! i am so sorry. he is a tough little one and i know he will be fine. and is fine. just a tough thing for him right now. i will put his name on the prayer roll.
So glad Sam is back! YAY!
Sorry this week got away from me. Next week we will play with the kids for sure.
That is sad about the scary stuff he was saying. I'm sure it will work itself out in time.
Post a Comment