November 30, 2007

My New Helmet













I'm waiting at SPOT to get fitted.
Here I am with Phil my pediatric orthotics practitioner. He's awesome. He takes great care of me. He's measured my head and now making sure that my helmet fits me perfectly. He always has a smile on his face which makes me feel good.

I have to gradually work in to wearing my helmet. I will work up to wearing it for 23 hours a day. I'm trying my very best to adjust, but it's not easy. I cried the first day and it was really rough on me. I am getting better and I am starting to tolerate it. I just need lots of hugs and kisses. My life has been a whirlwind the last couple of weeks. There is always a therapist or a doctor to see, Thanksgiving was busy, I got my first tooth, it turned frigid outside and my parents have been decorating the house for Christmas. So busy! Ain't I cute though?

4 comments:

Michelle Burnette said...

Sammy, you are the cutest! I like your helmet. It is so bright and fun. Nathan thinks you look like a cool BMX racer dude! You make everyone around you smile because you are an angel!

Love,
Aunt Michelle

Anonymous said...

Yes, you do look cute! However, I think you are cute with or without your helmet. I'm sure glad you have a mommy and daddy who take such good care of you and make sure you have the best care. I love the color and think you do look like a little biker dude. Your smile makes everyone smile. You are absolutely the sweetest. XOXOXO CeeCee

Anonymous said...

Hi Sammy,
I'm in MN seeing your cousins and I miss you sooo much! I love your cool helmet.You look like an angel and I can't wait to give you a hug and a kiss. I'll see you soon. Love you all very much. Grammy

Trisha said...

What a cutie with the helmet! He looks so tough.