September 9, 2008

Icky tummy bug! It's worth it for the Dum Dum.

I am so glad that when you go to the doctor they give you a sucker. You probably can't tell but I've lost 1lb. 6ozs. My mommy thinks I'm rail thin, but then again she's projecting upon me what she wants to be. I had my first 24hr flu. This time it was throw up crib, not pee pee crib. I'm pretty sure my mommy doesn't mind cleaning up after me. My pediatrician wasn't available (which is typical, I think my mom and dad are sick of him never being around and we'll find a new one). Anyway, I saw my mommy's Doc and he was nice. He seemed more interested in the bumps on my thighs then my constant upchucking. He gave me a sticker and a dum dum, and if you all know me I love dum dums. They are a marvelous type of wonderfulness that I could saver all my days. I will someday go to Spangler Candies and crack the dum dum code so I can enjoy their lusciousness for eternity. If by any chance you all ever want to send me dum dum suckers I would be much obliged. They might make me recover from this tummy bug quicker.

Here are some dum dum facts:
Dum dums were invented in 1924
In 1966 The flavor mix was: lemon, coconut-pineapple, butterscotch, lime, strawberry, grape, chocolate, orange, cherry, and raspberry. Dum dums sales sky rocketed in the 60's. The most popular flavor was grape because most hippies who did LSD had dry mouth (seriously).
The least favorite flavor ever created was buttered popcorn, you can only purchase bags of this one flavor during the month of Feb.
In October 2005
Dum dum Pops expand to 16 flavors! New flavors Cherry Cola and Pink Lemonade! The 100th anniversary was celebrated and some flavors from history were reproduced, adding Coconut-Pineapple (first introduced in 1953) and Banana (first introduced in 1960).
2008 they added mango and tangerine.
Dum dums are voted the best little suckers in the world.

2 comments:

Lori said...

Wow- I didn't realize I needed to know all those dum-dum facts! But I did! And am a better person for it. ; )

Sorry that cute Sam is under the weather.

roamingjones said...

You should try our pediatrician - Dr. Allred at the IHC Memorial Clinic on 900 E. and 2100 S.