My sweet Samuel is as rough and tumble as they come. If he can throw it, slam it, shake it, bite it, rip it, smoosh it, mangle it…and yes break it he will. My cuddly little darling has inevitably become a big boy brut in the finest sense of the word. Jordan and I have worked hard on trying to get him to understand gentleness. He seems to get the concept, that is unless he gets frustrated and then that concept is flown out the window. Today I learned that I don’t have a huge tumor or cyst or a gumball shoved up my right nostril. Great news right? Anyone would be pleased with that news. I know I was certainly pleased it was not something potentially life threatening. However, not all the news is grand. Apparently, my nose is quite broken and the huge lump in my nose is swelling scar tissue buildup on a chunk of loose bone. Yippee! The break over complicates my deviated septum, of which I didn’t know I had until today and because my nose was broken and re broken over the last 3 or 4 months, it will need surgery to fix. So…here is today’s lesson don’t let your children slam their heads back in to your nose (twice), or catch a flying toy with your face (once) or sit lower than your child while putting keen hard bump toe boots on (once), or close your eyes for one moment to wake to a plastic saw toy being smacked down on your face (once). Alternatively, you will wake up with lots of bloody noses and a growing lump that you are sure is cancer.It's of course not all bad news. I can still smell and the lump is not noticeable to anyone but me. I can still breath even if the ENT says it's only at %60 on my right side. I've not gone blind or been hit in the eye with anything as of yet and I hope to keep it that way. I wont need surgery unless I want it or unless the swelling gets to be to much and blocks my airway. So life is good. Of course Sam didn't mean for any of this to happen. We will someday look back on this and chuckle.
2 comments:
OUCH!!!! i too have been smacked a few times by nephews and nieces. so sorry!
I can't tell you how many times I've had to go out with my lower lip bloody because Audrey has bonked me in the face and I've bitten my lip in the process. Never broken my nose though! Yikes!
Post a Comment