June 10, 2009

Update!


Update on my drama.

I figured it would be easier to just put it on the blog since everyone is asking and this will save me from repeating myself 10 times.

As of today things are going fine, visited with the lovely Dr. Clark yesterday and we're trying to narrow down the cause of my illness and coping methods. It's obvious my hernia isn't causing my painful attacks. After all the testing it's good to know that my gallbladder is fine, I don't have ulcers, I'm not pregnant, I don't have cancer, my cholesterol is not elevated, and my blood work all came back normal. My liver function is still a bit concerning, but we'll keep working on that one. My hernia isn't as alarming of a problem as we had once thought. The Dr. feels I should be fine without surgery for now and since I pretty much explained that any surgery in the next 6 months would be very inconvenient for me, it was decided to wait and continue medications and therapies to help with symptoms. There is a concern of the amount of inflammation and the amount of acid in my stomach. I have been diagnosed with esophagitis and hope that I can keep up with the medications to help keep the inflammation down and get going on the healing. There is a concern of Barrett's esophagus and it's links to cancer or lesions of the esophagus, but we'll just monitor it. I was given a new medication to help with my attacks which was described as a mild sedative, it should relax my abdomen and help me to feel more calm, maybe then my pain medication might help. I am going on 12 days with out an attack which is wonderful. I have been given a task of a food journal and pretty much listing everything I ingest and paying more attention to everything that goes on around the time of an attack. I am glad that I haven't been asked to do any more tests other than blood tests. The medical bills are piling up and all the drama of being sickly grates on me and causes me added stress. Other than that, I'll just keep plugging along and minding my manners and hopefully some concrete answers will start coming my way.

Thanks to all of those who have helped me while I am unable to keep up. It's nice to be able to depend & trust people to watch Sam.

1 comment:

Joellyn said...

So sorry you've had to deal with so much pain... and unknown. Sometimes not knowing is the worst part.

Here's to feeling better!