Is this not the most beautiful storage unit you've ever seen.? It is literally two book shelves turned in on themselves. The front of the armoire has been finished with molding and a fabric print of some sweet little birds. The two shelving units are joined by piano hinges and an antique latch. The unit is attached to the wall because of the shifting weight of the swing out door. There are plexi glass panels to keep the items in the shelf from shifting when open and LED lights installed to fill it with clean light. Perfect for a little office or to conceal a computer or small flat screen. Nothing compares to discovering such a simple idea and making it in to pure magic. It's in the new Martha Stewart Living magazine. Check it out. I plan on doing one of these armoires for Sam's room. I am going to paint it orange, turquoise and blue and cover it with painted bugs and magnets. I'm going to paint the front panel with chalkboard paint and there I can leave him messages of love and when he feels an urge he can practice his ABC's and 123's. Think of all the possibilities.
1 comment:
That is way cool! I love how the inside of the shelves are painted too. Love your idea.
Post a Comment