Great faith based message I received today. What a blessing. In a day that was filled with worry and frustration, lack of wisdom and a bit of emptiness I sure needed a little bit of those good fruits.
On days that life sucks, just remembering that God is always good, he doesn't have a bad day always helps. He still reigns and is shaking out constant favor hoping that we'll stand right in it's path to receive it. Isaiah says that God is longing to be good to those who are looking for his goodness. I had to ask myself this today. Am I really looking for Gods goodness, or am I just happy in my deficiencies? I figured I didn't have to meet God half way, because he's a "right now God" he comes to us and no matter the place we're in, he'll come to us, it's all just a matter of trust and acceptance of those gifts given. Even when we're not in control, God always is. We can only limit God in our own minds. When I lose my joy, I realize I've lost it because I've given in to the weaknesses and poisons that I confuse myself in to accepting for myself. All this talk of acceptance or "what would Jesus do" is what overwhelms each of us and pulls us in to guilt. We delude ourselves in to believing that pain and suffering are stepping stones of faith, but we forget that those stepping stones have to be significant for them to build long lasting virtue. Those struggles aren't made up of expectations or poisonous relationships, but it's the daily sacrifices we make to insure our goodness and value. We can't accept less for ourselves than what Jesus plans for our life. When I lose perspective and focus on stupid things in my life, whether it's pleasing others, trying to follow through with expectations or giving up my values to suit others I find the big picture is being lost on me. I find that I've over looked the most important things, things that are better worth my time and energy, people who deserve me and value me. In the midst of losses and more potential losses and sadness I will have to reconcile with that. As soon as I start thanking God for even these little hiccups in my life the true lessons are learned. Lessons that should have been learned a long time ago. I am starting over today and taking steps to finish what should have been finished years ago. This is my new day and I will be proud of that decision. I will now focus on what is truly important. I guess important moments in your life whether it's being in the process of losing someone or facing disappointments and frustrations I know I can cope if I let it go and let God handle it. The good thing is that I find that in moments like this I am always surrounded by true friends and the best of the best family in the world.
1 comment:
thanks for your words in your post. I appreciate it.
Post a Comment