Yay, they headed my call. Way to go USA. What a memorable day in Vancouver. Keep up the good work and continue to make us proud.
I'm struggling to stay intrigued. Yay for Canada I think they're totally living up to their expectations. The US Olympians are well....falling short. I don't know if the snow is terrible or if the pressure is to much. Since 2002 the skating judges have fallen from grace, not that they were ever fair in the first place, but this year it's painfully obvious how political and rigged it is. To see pair skaters fall flat, but pass up other couples that had similar difficulty who skated flawlessly is amazing to me. Watching Johnny Weir skate an exciting up beat routine with every ounce of heart possible, he was still shut out. We all heard the crowd. I personally believe he is being punished, but if anyone has seen "be good Johnny Weir" on the Sundance channel you would probably agree. After seeing the Koreans do everything possible to sabotage Ohno and then to read about their anti American hatred for him since Salt Lake is out of this world. The medals mean nothing to them, they have been trained to cheat so well that their own coach coming out of Salt Lake decided to voice his concern and he was fired. He is now Ohno's coach. Did Spillane just think he had it and he let off a bit? I'm sure he was just as surprised as all of us when France passed him for Gold. Do we have to even mention Jacobellis? Bode I think could have done better, but considering he told reporters before the race that he downs a fifth of scotch before the race, funny joke...I think not. We've now been passed up by Germany in medals. What a disappointment. We better pull it out. Same with Canada get it together. I don't care whose on top, just that it's Canada or the US.
I'm struggling to stay intrigued. Yay for Canada I think they're totally living up to their expectations. The US Olympians are well....falling short. I don't know if the snow is terrible or if the pressure is to much. Since 2002 the skating judges have fallen from grace, not that they were ever fair in the first place, but this year it's painfully obvious how political and rigged it is. To see pair skaters fall flat, but pass up other couples that had similar difficulty who skated flawlessly is amazing to me. Watching Johnny Weir skate an exciting up beat routine with every ounce of heart possible, he was still shut out. We all heard the crowd. I personally believe he is being punished, but if anyone has seen "be good Johnny Weir" on the Sundance channel you would probably agree. After seeing the Koreans do everything possible to sabotage Ohno and then to read about their anti American hatred for him since Salt Lake is out of this world. The medals mean nothing to them, they have been trained to cheat so well that their own coach coming out of Salt Lake decided to voice his concern and he was fired. He is now Ohno's coach. Did Spillane just think he had it and he let off a bit? I'm sure he was just as surprised as all of us when France passed him for Gold. Do we have to even mention Jacobellis? Bode I think could have done better, but considering he told reporters before the race that he downs a fifth of scotch before the race, funny joke...I think not. We've now been passed up by Germany in medals. What a disappointment. We better pull it out. Same with Canada get it together. I don't care whose on top, just that it's Canada or the US.
We are so excited for the Vancouver Olympics. We're going to coach the USA to victory. Our evenings will be spent plunked in front of the plasma, eating terrible but yummy food and watching amazing athletes from around the world. We total expect the rivalry between Canada and the US to be crazy, but we're happy as long as either one of us is on top. I've got my eye on the cutest canuck t-shirt for Sam and have ordered the plush mascots. So excited! Vancouver is a little piece of heaven for me. I'm already longing for a visit again.Erin's top pics: Short Track, Ice Dancing, Nordic Combined & Jumping
Jordan's top pics, Short Track, Hockey, Biathlon, & Bobsled
Sam's top pics, Whatever we're watching...sucker!
1 comment:
That's fun that you have been to Vancouver! I am so excited for the olympics!!!!
Post a Comment