July 20, 2010

Discovery


Had a visit to Discovery Gateway with the Ethingtons. Sam was of course crazy and ran around from station to station like a little ADHD chicken. Avery and Kyle took their time checking everything out and enjoying each aspect of the place. I don't know if Sam was this way because he's been to the museum multiple times and feels he can never get all of the experience in the amount of time we're there, or if he really is just an ADHD ridden little chicken?

Kyle loved this bumble bee car, but his Mom said his very favorite activity was the water center. I think he could have played in the water all day.




They have fixed a lot of the problems that plagued the water area recently. It was nice that all the moving part were working correctly and that the sprayers weren't constantly spraying the parents and adults. Sam walked away dry and we were all happy. 
There is a part of me that is grateful that Sam likes to play house. He loved shopping in the store with Avery and checking her out at the check stand. The museum has added lots of fun extra grocery items and boy were they put to great use for each of those kids. As you can see Avery loves peanut butter and 5 cans just wasn't enough. What I found interesting was when both kids walked in to the grocery store area, Avery walked right over to the produce section filled with fruit and veg and well Sam ran to the deli for the cheese and meat to build a sandwich. I wonder what that says about each child? Naturally... well un-naturally Sam dislikes veggies and most fruit except bananas, apples and baby carrots so even pretending to like healthy fruits and veggies is out of the question. All in all, we had a great time and it was fun spending time with our neighbor friends. Sam had a huge meltdown before we left and I'm still scratching my head as to why and how to handle it when it happens again, but hopefully Kyle and Avery enjoyed their trip to the museum as well. Now all I need to do is find my membership card and keep it in a safe place for next time. Gaul, there is always something isn't there?

No comments: