October 19, 2008

Walkin Foo!

Our little monkey is now walking...yeah finally! We were getting worried a bit. We knew there would be a little bit of a delay because of his broken femur and his hesitation because of a fall. I guess some children experience lag because they are unsure of themselves when a traumatic experience like falling happens, so...we just watched and waited and tried to be patient and willing to offer help and security. We also think he's actually been able to walk for a little while now, but just didn't have the nerve to show us. The kid just took to it and is extremely steady, it's really weird. He showed us his walking skills just a day ago and today he's been walking up a storm. Crazy kid. We'll have a movie to follow, just need to figure out how to rig it.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Congrats!

And a big thank you for the salsa. I took it to a party that night and everyone thought it was fantastic! It's the best homemade I've ever had.

Kern County Kids Read said...

How exciting! Can't wait to see a few steps!

Lori said...

Way to go, cute Sammy! I hope you guys bring him into work on the 30th....i won't be at work on the 31st...and the big halloween events will be the 30th. it would be fun to see you guys and see the little guy walk.