September 29, 2009

CreativeScapes & Stolen Ideas

IKEA is a beautiful thing! Sam will be so excited for his new big boy bed come Spring.
I'm not creative enough to think up these fun ideas on my own so I've stolen a little inspiration. My new dining room needs a bit of flare and what better way than to thrift shop for some interesting plates for the wall. I have been lucky enough to gather some funk from my grandmothers and great grandmothers china collection so they will be put to great use. Yay for those who burn their brain power so I can have pretty wall art.
Just a couple of weeks ago I was wishing for the Fall to come so I could decorate and feel cozy in sweaters and jeans. Now I'm wishing it was close to Spring so I can create this amazing sculptural potting wall in my new yard. Talk about creativity with cheap materials. I have a perfect place in mind to grow succulents and shady herbs.
I'm dreaming of this $1200 dishwasher drawer. It's a dream of course, I could never justify paying that much for such a silly extravagance. I can think of better ways to spend our money, like diamonds. If it sang show tunes, emitted a fresh baked cookie smell or had an option for washing and drying my cats then I would totally reconsider, in fact I'd get two.

5 comments:

Lori said...

love the ideas you found!

Mary said...

I think I will steal one or two of these ideas, thanks!

Kern County Kids Read said...

awesome! what are you planning on using to keep the dirt from falling out the bottom of the cinder-planterellas?

The Tregeagles said...

This whole unit fits together with liquid nails. You cut the block with a saw and then use liquid nails to attach it to the inside of itself. They make it sounds really easy to do, but we'll see I guess.

Kern County Kids Read said...

I can see that part- the part that has me confused are the hanging out parts of the block. They must put a pot or container inside of those, otherwise the soil would fall out the bottom? Very cute- if you make it be sure to post your "after" photos.