I was catching up on the Sundance channel because they were starting to highlight some of the films for the 2010 film festival. Obviously 7 of 10 times the shows are awful on this channel, but sometimes there are little gems. I had seen that there was a film by an Australian film maker who apparently thinks he knows a little bit about Mormon missions and culture. Needless to say I was totally disappointed as usual. Why is it that the world is filled with complete MORONS. This short film wasn't funny, spoofy or interesting by any means. I can chuckle with the best of them even when they are making fun of LDS faithful, but this went far & beyond. Within the first few moments it was obvious this film was made by either a complete asshole who is trying to be intelligent with dry humor (we all know how dry Australians are) OR this film maker is the biggest imbecile on Gods green Earth.
Here is the premise: A woman is impregnated by an LDS missionary who is obsessed and pretty much stalks her. She has pretty much used him to get pregnant because her husband was infertile. He then meets her husband and sees how happy he is about the pregnancy thinking it's a miracle sent from God because she's been taking discussions. He then decides to congratulate them and move on with the rest of his mission. I swear! This film won an Oscar for a short film in 2005. The film maker showed the missionaries calling each other by their first names instead of Elder, they met and counseled investigators alone, they only carried around Holy Bibles, they called their zone leader a Pastor and they showed a meeting where they were overly charismatic praising the Lord and they prayed calling upon The Father, The Son, and The Holy Spirit. Uh yeah, and this won an Oscar. Highly degenerate on so many levels. I looked up some information on this film maker and found he is married to another film maker who directed a film in 2003 depicting LDS missionaries/members who were forced to be excommunicated and then kill themselves by the church leadership all for being homosexual. This film maker now produces pornography and is currently working on a film that is about temple rituals. Wow what an agenda to push. What an amazing legacy of smut and distortion to be proud of huh? Satan is truly at work in this world.
1 comment:
Ugh! I'm glad my house is built a rock instead of the sand.
Post a Comment