June 18, 2010

Playdoh Fun

 
Sam really enjoys playing playdoh. Sam is so very inventive and always comes up the funniest creatures. He told me he wanted to make a frog so I molded the peices and he put them together. He did a great job. He also made his Papa a hot dog with onions and mustard. He had fun making a hamburger with pickles, onions, tomatoes, bacon, and cheese. I asked him why he didn't want lettuce on his hamburger creation and he said lettuce was for rabbits, not hamburgers. His logic seems right and his father would agree. A hot dog and hamburger wouldn't be complete without fries with ketchup and onion rings.
 I am constantly amazed with the dexterity of his fingers and how easily he finds it to shape and mold objects. Maybe it's just me and I think he's amazing, but since he was very little he's been very mechanical and hands on. He observes the strangest things and his memory is incredible. The other day while we were outside playing, he noticed our tomatoes and how large they are getting. He told me that the plant medicine was "working good". He also noticed that our Gerber daisy heads follow the arc of the sun. He remembers everything he's experienced and often recalls on those memories daily for his own silly practical use. Playdoh is a great medium for him. Sam can sit for hours squishing and shaping the playdoh and be perfectly happy with the results, no matter how amazing or mediocre the outcome. I love that he is my little nerdy engineer.

No comments: