I love that they allow you to see the parade floats before they role down main. We were so impressed with all the creative themes and how hard they worked on these beautiful works of art. We really have some amazingly talented Utahans. There were so many and unfortunately I didn't get photos of every single one, but some of my favorites were the Nauvoo Temple float with the most amazing replica of the temple and it's grounds. The windows were intricately cut and filled with the prettiest colored velum. 

Sam loved the NASA shuttle float that had TV screens along it's sides that showed amazing footage of space travel. I'm so glad that he's interested in space travel and is as amazed that a man walked on the moon as everyone was in 1969. I can't wait to see the Cricket float. There are going to be 25 little kids carrying these fun crickets marching next to the float. The amount of detail that went in to this specific float was amazing. The wheat looks real and the moving parts are so clever.
Sam was lucky enough to get up on a float that depicts how the church has been able to spread the gospel since the founding our the faith til now and how families are lucky to gather together and watch the prophet on television and on iPods. Sam loved this little animatronic puppy. He barks and shakes and is quite the character. The man watching over the float lifted Sam up to pet the doggy. Sam loved him so much and unfortunately my camera wasn't fast enough to get the photo where he hugged him, but these photos will do. When the man put him down on to the floor we thanked him and he said "it's all about the fun experiences" and we giggled a bit at his corny statement, but isn't it really true? Of course Sam was super happy about it.
Walmart sponsored a How to Train Your Dragon float. Sam loved the KFC float because his papa looks like the colonial. Taiwan education did a float that depicts a dragon floating through Zions and the colors are vibrant and so beautiful. There is a float that is covered with a map and had the Liahona on the back that spins. There is a float with Tinker-bell too. Everything to run the gamut.
1 comment:
I know this has nothing to do with your post, but can I just say that I LOVE your pic of Ronald Reagan on your sidebar? And the quote you listed? Downright fantastic.
Post a Comment