December 10, 2010

A Trip to the Dentist

I decided it was time to get in to the dentist. Since I haven't been in over 6 years. Took Sam along for his first visit and he did pretty well. He was right on with the x-rays, but when the time came to sit in the chair he was a little squirt. Not sure if it helped that the Dentist is one of Daddy's friends and Sam decided to capitalize on that or not. Dr. Theurer let him put on his special lighted camera glasses and let him shoot water from the instruments. Sam did let him take pictures of each tooth, even though he bit the camera. For a second there we thought he seriously bit through it. The bill would have been high. Dr. Theurer was awesome and made both of us feel very comfortable. He said that my teeth looked awesome for not seeing a dentist for a long while. I do have a cavity that needs to be filled, but it's interesting because it's the same one the last dentist 6 years ago told me about and I never did anything about. At least I'm not getting more. Sam on the other hand has great spacing and super clean teeth. He does have a little chip on one tooth, but who knows how or when that happened. Sam has to go in to surgery for his fraenulum. He is what they call tongue tied and it needs to be clipped. We'll wait til the new year, but hopefully it will go well and he wont have a lisp from then on. It's always so nice when you find a physician that takes really great care and it doesn't hurt to have physicians as friends either. Now I just need to make friends with a pain care specialist and then we'll be set. 

No comments: