Just in time for New Years and everyone is sick of all the Holiday stuff, here's more photos of holiday things.
As pitiful as this little snowman was it made Sam pretty happy. Jordan helped him build it up and I helped him decorate. He melted a day later. Each year we get German advent calendars. It has been a tradition in Jordan's family. His mother always gave each child an advent calendar each year since they were young. The tradition is now ours and Sam enjoys it very much. This year we got one from CeeCee and then we got two from Uncle Ian and Kohlhammer. We were swimming in little chocolates.
We have some new additions to our Christmas tree this year. It is quite full and I'm afraid there is no more room. We have decided that next year we will start a new tradition to go and get a skinny fresh tree and put it in our living room by the fireplace. I will still continue you on with my red and white tree and Jordan and Sam will have the fresh tree to decorate how they wish. I see coloured lights in our future and I am now comfortable with that as I've been quite snobbish and have not wanted anything other than traditional white and red lights. I'm giving in now, much to Jordan's happiness.
I discovered Home Goods this year after much resistance. I figured it I ever stepped foot in that store I would regret it. I found some amazing stuff and I'm proud to say that I didn't go to over board thankfully. One of my favourite things this year was these three trees. I purchased them to decorate for my Relief Society lesson. They were very inexpensive which you would know if you looked really close at them, but they have had many purposes this season. I decorated them with my German straw ornaments I received last year and a mini nativity that was used by my Grandmother.
No comments:
Post a Comment