TreTregeagle/Gallahan 2010
This could quite possibly be the very worst family Christmas photograph. I will be sending it to http://awkwardfamilyphotos.com/ The matching pj's were a bad idea on me and Sam's part and just in case you were wondering where jabba the hutt was....well you found her.
....................................................................................................................................................................
Burnette Family 2010
Christmas Eve was a fun night. We of course spoil each other rotten. This year was no exception and actually it was a pretty crazy amount of spoiling this year. 2010 has been a pretty good year for each of our families. Since Jason and I were little we've been spoiled rotten each Christmas. My parents have literally busted their humps to make Christmas an amazing day filled with so much goodness and gifts. I can't remember one year where we went without or that we didn't get what we asked for. Since having my own little chickeepoo I've noticed how hard it is to get everything just perfect. I'm constantly amazed at how my parents survived us kids. They often went without what they wanted and without time to relax and recover from it all. I don't know why this year was so huge and extravagant. Maybe it just felt that way because everyone was pretty happy, we're healthy, we're grateful and we're just joyful to be together. I guess that is what makes us feel richly blessed.
We opened our English poppers and all wore our hats happily. There were some strange gifts in them this year. Sam got a miniature picture frame for a pea sized photograph. I got a set of fingernail clippers. Jordan got hmmm, what did Jordan get? I can't really remember, but it was a weirdo object I know that much. We had fun opening gifts and making jokes and watching Sam freak out with what everyone was getting. We watched The Best Christmas Pageant Ever, Mr. Krueger's Christmas, Luke II and just relaxed.
..........................................................................................................................................................
Christmas morning was really nice. Christmas day and night, not so much considering I got sick. Sam came and woke us up at a decent time 8a.m. We were grateful considering it took up til 2 or so to get everything done. Jordan had to build the kitchen from about 25 pieces. It seemed as if my wrapping just would never end and Santa's gifts don't even come wrapped. I guess it was just a bunch of little stuff that was a bit tedious. He was so excited. Jordan told him to wait until he had the camera going until he could run in to see the tree. He squealed!
Santa kept his promise and got Sam his Iron Man gear. He kept saying "yay yay yay, Santa got me what I wanted". It was nice that he didn't have any reservations about what he saw under the tree. He did have a moment of frustration that we got on to tape...I had wrapped up socks, and underwear with a ribbon that was so tight that he couldn't quite get it. He struggled and pulled and pulled and then finally he got a bit of the paper off and peaked in to the package. All we heard was "awww" and not a good aw, it was a "awww socks". We laughed of course and he threw them back under that tree.
The cats got in to the action.
Uncle Ian sent Sam a British Sniper which is the equivalent to G.I. JOE. He loves it so much as you can tell. He loved that his eyes move like a real dolly. It is a pretty cool doll.
I got my food processor that I wanted. Yay! We had sticky monkey bread, bacon and slushes for breakfast.
Mom and Dad came over later for a visit and so did CeeCee. Both Grandparents couldn't resist giving more gifts. Grammy & Papa gave him a remote control car, and CeeCee brought him another Dragon for his castle set. Wow, this kid was spoiled this year and I think we'll hide some of the toys and slowly bring them out over the next couple of months.
1 comment:
looks like you had tons of fun! and congrats on your dishwasher!!! how nice!
Post a Comment