January 3, 2011

Oh yeah, I had a birthday too!


I got a new dishwasher that is pure heaven. It purrs like a dream and now I can have hands that don't chap and hurt. Now I just have to get Sam to stop touching buttons. When we left our old house that had all the upgrades I thought well we're moving in to a hundred year old house and it's just not going to be the same. We were surprised with how much we could function just fine without the same updated features that were in our other house. Hand washing dishes was one of those things that I couldn't cope with. I did really well for a really long time and come the end of Summer I couldn't stand it anymore. It's been nice, even though it took Jordan and my Dad 4 days to fix up the plumbing, run the wiring and custom build it in to the cabinetry. There has never been a dishwasher let alone any major renovations in the kitchen. Let's just say, thank goodness it's over with....on to the next project.

2 comments:

Meredith said...

I am the worst friend ever. I knew your birthday was coming up, and thought about it several times before to remind myself. But, I forgot. :( Please forgive me. Glad you got something wonderful!!! A dishwasher is going to change your life.
Let's get together soon...
HAPPY VERY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!!!

Meredith said...

ps-
Just got caught up on your entire blog. WOW, you've posted a lot since I last checked in. Sam is a sweet friend. That was so nice of him to think of Avery and Kyle for Christmas presents.
Thanks for helping with the ward party, and for taking me to the Christmas concert, and for building gingerbread houses with my kids, etc. etc. I'm very grateful to have such a giving person as you in my life. Just wanted to let you know.