I was apart of decorating the Ward Christmas party this year. Everyone was sure pleased with the party and seemed very grateful for all the hard work that was put in to it. We think we did pretty well maintaining the budget we had for decor and of course it always helps when you have the men in your life helping out. We had an amazing dinner of turkey, stuffing, cheesy potatoes, glazed carrots, salad, rolls and a goody table to die for. Sadly I don't have any photographs of the activities in the kitchen that night which makes me sad, but maybe we'll come across some sometime. There was such an amazing group of people who pulled this off and I was so grateful to be apart of it. I hope that everyone who was involved felt appreciated and felt like they made such a special night happen. I was glad to help and to be apart of the kitchen help too. I hadn't originally thought that I would be in the kitchen that night, but so glad that I was. I struck up a friendship with someone that I knew very little about before and it was so fun to chat and sing and mess around with the fun ladies that night. It was amazing to see how everyone just fulfilled a need where ever they saw one. From making the food to washing dishes and putting decor away, I was so impressed with the togetherness our ward has. It was a good night.
No comments:
Post a Comment