February 26, 2011
Growing Up!
Sam is enjoying his big boy beds. He kept asking me today what time he was going to go to bed. He deserves some fun bedroom furniture because he's been such a good boy lately. He is working very hard at potty training and he's just about there. He has also practiced his listening skills with very little toddler terror break through. He's isn't interested in taking naps during the day lately, but that might change because of his new cool beds. It's been crazy watching him grow up lately. He knows "things" I mean sophisticated things. He is in to telling knock knock jokes. He's eating a wider variety of foods and doing his best to get ready for preschool. As we broke down his toddler bed and tried to pack away smaller kid clothes and toys I got a little bit sad. I immediately thought of him going to preschool this fall and not needing me to change his bum anymore or not needing me to get him a snack or a drink out of the snack drawer. What will he do without me? Will he have fun without me and not care that I'm not included? Have I become obsolete? Will he fulfill for himself all that I've provided for him the last 3.5 years?
He's already started to tell the stories and try to read the books to us. Luckily he'll still let us read, but he'll correct us if the story deviates from the original. He can make himself laugh and doesn't need us to. He can work the TV and DVR/DVD. He knows where to put his dirty clothes and where to find a fresh pull-up. He brushes his teeth and washes his hands without help. He knows what sauté and mis en place means. He knows the ingredients of a homemade chicken noodle soup and what order the ingredients go in the pot. Is that strange? Obviously he spends a lot of time with me doing what I do and even saying what I say. When he says "where's the damn stool?" or "get out of the road you freaks" will we have a laugh together or will he just laugh alone? Blch! I am not ready for him to grow up.
For now we're going with a lime green monster kind of thing. He can't make up his mind what theme he really wants. I got to thinking...he doesn't really need a theme because as he changes and grows his likes change and grow. He goes from pirates to monsters to spongebob and iron man. It's making me dizzy. His readers nook couch will soon be an addition to his room as well as his dresser that was put on back order.
It was a day of running around, loading and unloading boxes & lots of assembling. There were some casualties along the way. Sam stepped on a carpet staple on the back stairs and cut up his toe. I broke my thumb and smashed other fingers. Jordan was the worse off. A goose egg and a slice on his thumb. I think it was because we were so tired and weren't paying much attention. We're happy that we got it all done and Sam is excited about having a big boy room.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What a lucky boy with his big boy room! I love his bed spread!
Yes- it would be hard seeing your baby grow up. What a smart boy he is!
Petey loves his new bunk beds - I hope Sam does too!
Post a Comment