March 17, 2011

Disney On Ice

March 12th 2011

This last weekend we were lucky to go to Disney On Ice. We had front row tickets and we were truly excited about that. It was a very special treat and the entertainment was stellar. I certainly appreciated the hard work of the skaters because it seemed like this time around they were doing some really amazing jumps and tricks. They sure packed in the characters. We were surprised to see Jack Skellington and all the "evil" Disney characters do a skit. Sam wasn't so thrilled about the massive amount of princess stuff, but he was happy non the less. He got really excited each time they would jump up on the platform right in front of us. There were pyrotechnics and fireworks and at the very end they made it snow on all of us. 

 Sam was mostly interested in seeing Buzz and each time he would skate by he would wave and try and get him to come over. I love that all of the little ones really with all their hearts believe these characters are real. I think like all other kids is totally enamored with Disney and it's characters. Sam loves Donald and Buzz and has recently started enjoying Peter Pan. Our friend Jana bought Sam the original story of Peter Pan and Sam loves looking at all of the illustrations and dreaming about Neverland. He does call himself Captain Hook and enjoys being an evil pirate over Peter. I can't tell you how many times Sam has begged us to go on a Disney cruise or go to Disney World. I feel bad that we can't afford that right now because he's so in to it all, but hopefully we can save up and make an amazing trip to Disney in the next couple of years. I love the innocence that comes with Disney and how each character is so magical and exciting to him. I don't remember being that in to Mickey Mouse and all the bunch when I was small. I went to Disneyland...loved it, but didn't care much about the characters and getting my picture taken. I'm glad that Sam loves the characters and I know that when the day comes for him to see them in person and get a hug it will make me smile and melt my heart.
 Daddy got a huge bucket of Popcorn and a Pretzel and we were happy sharing. We told him he could have whatever he wanted and he was very conservative with his choices. Towards the end we had to keep reassuring him that he could have a toy and he reluctantly, but very excitedly chose a buzz lightyear light up sword and a Mickey Mouse snow cone. He's still thanking us for taking him. I'm thankful that we get to have experiences like this and that Daddy's hard work affords us to splurge a little bit and have some fun.

No comments: