Sam did a great job dying the eggs this year. He didn't drop one and he was very good not to splash the dye everywhere. He was very proud of his vibrant artwork. The pukey green one is the zombie egg...if you were wondering. Next year we are going to take an Armenian egg dying class.
Sam enjoyed two Easter Egg hunts, one here at our house this morning and one at Grammy & Papa's house. He made off with a boat load of candy. Sam ran in to our room around 6:30am and yelled. The Easter Bunny was here. EB had left a trail of jelly beans in to the living room to a basket filled with play-doh, candy and various toys. Jordan made scones with plum syrup and honey and we then were off to a brunch at Aunt Connie and Uncle Steve's house. Brunch was delicious and my favorite part was Sherry's mustard ring. Sounds strange, but it was amazing. It was an really decadent gelatin that you put on your ham and vegetables. Delicious and I can't wait to get the recipe and use it next year at Easter. We then went to my parents house and enjoyed a later dinner. I made an unusual salad of julienne beets and green beans with boiled eggs, bacon and spring onions. It was a recipe I got from a church activity and everyone seemed to like it. It looks really awful, but it was sure tasty. I love getting together with family and having traditions. I just love Easter! We focused on the Savior and told Sam stories as well as watched some great devotionals. The weather was perfect and we felt a wonderful tender spirit fill our home and the homes we visited.
No comments:
Post a Comment