May 22, 2011
Garden's aGrowin
So here is the first pickings of my lettuce. I've since harvested much more, but I just had to take a picture of the very first yielding. It was made in to a delicious salad served at our friends the Phillips. It was our very first alfresco dining this season and it was really exciting to enjoy yummy lettuce from my garden. I've never grown lettuce before, but since the weather has been just perfect it's just flourished and is so tender. I also have a ton of radish coming in and have already put in tomatoes, peppers, herbs and cucumbers. This next week I'll be putting in a zucchini, eggplant and maybe some additional herbs. My flame honeysuckle already has beautiful flowers and my purple clematis is just about to burst open. I love gardening!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Way to go! We are total gardening slackers this year and have just relied on what we already had planted.
Post a Comment