
I am thinking this following post happened in Feb of 2012. I don't know the exact dates and I could look it up, but maybe tomorrow.
I surprised the boys with a trip to St. George for the Thunder Over Utah air show. The Blue Angels were in town which doesn't happen very often and I knew they would love it.

Jordan, my Dad and Sam headed down and enjoyed the show from the bombers club on the flight line. We thought Sam would be bothered by the loud jets and so we bought him some ear plugs, but it turned out that he was just too excited to be bothered. It was quite a long day of showcased aircraft and demonstrations. The weather forecast had been terrible, but it turned out to be just perfect. Fun was had by all. I got to stay home and enjoy a girls weekend with some friends and have a quiet house for a couple of days. Sam came home with so much knowledge about military aircraft and how the Blue Angels function and gear up for their flights.
Jordan hadn't been to an air show since he was with his Dad in his teens so I think it was a special time for him to take Sam and have by Dad go along. It was a little windy, hence the bundled child in this following photograph.
Sam thought all these military tanks were going off to war and he saluted them and waved. Sam felt very patriotic.
No comments:
Post a Comment