I love the moodiness of the Oregon coast. Reminds me of me. There is nothing like a cold foggy morning and a %90 chance of rain to start your day off right. Abundant groves of fiddle-head ferns, gritty sand in my shoes, the smell of firewood smoke in the air and soft river rocks filling my pockets is my idea of a good time.

We are gearing up for another vaca away at the end of May. I don't know about Jordan and Sam, but I'm in desperate need of some Oregon sea spray in my face and zoning out with my toes in the sand. We've just decided to attach a little trip to the central coast this time with a press check in Portland. We haven't enjoyed a trip together since Hawaii in 08' so to say it's much needed would be a huge understatement. We're lucky enough to know the ins and outs of the "OC" so it wont be hard to find some adventure. Another Goonie adventure to be taken on and we need to recruit Sam and get him seasoned for the club. It is after all an exclusive club. Jordan was hazed in to the club back in 2007. He laughs at me when I manage to get acquainted with dangerous coves and sea creatures. Go ahead and ask him about the time I climbed in to a sea otters driftwood pile with a breaker holding back millions of gallons of seawater while it shook and cracked from pressure. They don't call that particular place Devils spit for nothing. I think Jordan gets nervous and to think that I will be passing that on to Sam I imagine is a worry. Oh well!
This is one of my favorite Inns. The Inn at Arch Cape. The linens are so dang soft and there is a soft scent of cedar in the room when you walk in. The windows are always streaming little beads of rain and the Gilchrist & Sohm body scrub they give you is like heaven. The problem is once I get under those covers I think I could sleep for a whole year without being disturbed.


1 comment:
Steve and I have talked about doing this too. But the thought of dragging three kids up to Oregon makes me shudder. Have fun!
Post a Comment