August 5, 2010

Ab nach Deutschland


Jordan is off for 11 days to Germany. He's already enjoying himself and spending good quality time with Ruby and Charlotte. Sam got to see him on Skype this morning which helped calm him down. He woke up crying because Daddy wasn't here to say nigh nigh prayers and then kiss him goodbye this morning. I've never seen Sam like this before. Obviously he's so much more aware than before. I would have thought that he would just assume that Jordan is at work and then when he didn't come home each night I could just explain that he's on a trip and will be home soon, but boy does Sam know he's far away at almost every moment of the day. Now I'm faced with telling him Grammy and Papa are leaving for Alaska tomorrow for 10 days as well. Melt down city here we come.

 I've tried to come up with some fun activities for Sam, but that's already proving to be difficult on a multitude of levels. Yesterday we were going to go swimming and then it rained. Today we planned on a trip over to the little park up the street and discovered there was a party going on. We then decided to put his easel up on the back patio to help Sam express himself and the wind is so crazy the paper blows away. Now we're inside watching Popeye because it's getting to hot. BLEH! I guess we'll try potato people or playdoh. Later tonight we are going to be making our first batch of salsa from our tomatoes in the garden. We are excited.

Jordan, Wir lieben Sie, Honig. Wir hoffen, dass Sie eine gute Reise und Überrestsafe haben werden. Erzählen Sie Ian hallo. Sam verpasst Sie. Kaufen Sie uns etwas gut.

1 comment:

Lori said...

didn't realize Jordan was off to presscheck again. just saw him the other day.

Very sweet how sensitive Sam is.